Happy Easter! How thankful I am that I have a risen Savior who is living today! As I lay here on bedrest in the quiet of my home alone, I read the story of Jesus resurrection. How thankful I am that He is Risen! I look forward to reading it to Michael next year and for many years to come.
I am also thankful that I have a son in heaven today getting to celebrate his very first Easter as well. I imagine Matthew will get to hear the story first hand from one of the witnesses who went to the tomb that day, and I know he has already seen and touched the precious scarred hands of Jesus our Risen Savior. I can't imagine the celebration that must be going on today. I also know that he will get to eat such a feast--surrounded by his heavenly family of numerous great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Despite my sadness and tears, I know he is experiencing such a joy that we can only imagine. His tiny body that rests inside of me today is only a mere shadow of the perfect body he has now and I am thankful that he is in the presence of our amazing God today.
I am thankful for our Risen Savior today because I know that one day I will also get to experience it first hand thanks to his great sacrifice which paid the price for my sins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment