Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First Day!

Today is my first day of residency so I guess I am officially a doctor. It's the first day that I will actually introduce myself as Dr. Yother and sign things as "Claire Yother MD". I have been certified in BLS, PALS, and NALS (all life support and resuscitation for babies and kids) and I have been oriented to everything at UAB and Children's Hospital over the past week. I have traded my short coat for one that is slightly longer (actually I have 6 of them). I am starting on the renal service, and I have 6 patients to see this morning with a variety of kidney diseases. I am very humbled by my new responsibilities and role as a doctor and I am excited to be starting my career. So if you think about it, say a little prayer for me (and my first patients!). I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Praying for you Dr. Yother!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

This is so exciting!!! I'm praying for you Claire MD!!!

Mary said...

Yay Claire, MD!!! You're going to do awesome!!!

KLS PP PLS said...

I'm praying for you, and I know you'll do a fabulous job! I am so proud of you!

Kitty Brown said...

Congratulations on your first day -- I'm sure you were great.

Rebecca said...

yay! i'm jealous of the long coat.