Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New York City

I have always wanted to go to New York and so that was the location that we chose to go and celebrate my graduation from medical school. We invited both of our parents to go with us to celebrate, and it was so much fun!! We flew into La Guardia airport on Thursday and as I walked to baggage claim, I was greeted with a limousine driver holding a sign for Dr. Claire Yother. Paul had tricked me by telling me several times about some bus that he had booked for us to get to the hotel so I was very surprised! After checking into our hotel --The Crowne Plaza in Times Square--we had some fabulous pizza at Angelo's pizza and then went to Top of the Rock to check out the whole city. We also visited St. Patrick's Cathedral and had a great dinner at a nice little pub--Langhan's.

On Friday, we toured part of the city on a double decker bus, rode the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, and walked through the financial district, ground zero, little Italy and Chinatown. That night we went to a Yankees game vs. the Seattle Mariners.

On Saturday, we took the bus tour of the upper half of the city and visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. We ate lunch at Carnegie's Deli--I have never seen such huge sandwiches. My dad counted over 30 slices of turkey on 1/2 of my turkey club and the pastrami sandwiches were just as big or bigger. We went to Wicked on Saturday night--it was fabulous!!


On Sunday, we rode the subway to Brooklyn and went to church at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. My mom loves their music and it was her dream to get to go there. Afterwards, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhatten and shopped in the street market near Times Square. We ate dinner at a fabulous steakhouse called Wolfgang's to celebrate my graduation and then walked over to Grand Central Station. This was an amazing trip and I am so thankful that our parents were able to go with us.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

ityour limo driver's face is hilarious!

i am glad that you all had such a great time in NYC. It makes me want to plan a trip soon!

M

Callen and Michael Martin said...

AWESOME POST!!! I've done almost all those things too...it was so fun to re-live them!!! I've definitely had the HUGE sandwhich at the Carnige Deli...our hotel was right next to the deli once when I was with Whit in NYC....so fun...great recap!!!

KLS PP PLS said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! I am so glad that you got to take such a memorable trip with your family.

Love the pic of Paul and Ray with the bull!